Shutter Installation Overview
1. Drill out top tracks, bottom tracks, and side angles 12" on center
using 1/4 inch metal drill bit.
2. Attach top track with 2 ¼ tapcons. Make sure that the distance
between the top and bottom tracks are no more than 1/4 inch larger
than the blades for best fit. Make sure tracks are level. Leave the
tapcons at the end of each track out until you install the side angle.
3. Center the wheels in top track and feed in. Wheels should be
closest to wall with pins to the outside.
4. Attach bottom track with 2 1/4 tapcons. Leave tapcons at the ends
of each track out until installing side angle.
5. Attach vertical side angles with tapcons, 12" on center. Position
side angle behind the top and bottom tracks and secure with tapcons.
This is why you left the track-end tapcons out in steps 1 and 3.
6. Attach starter strips of the accordions to the side angles with
tech screws, usually 9/16" 3/4" self drilling.
7. Pull both sides of accordion together and make sure it closes
properly and locks. Adjust male lock to fit female.
3/16 cement drill bit (these are usually supplied with each box of
2 or 2 1/4" metal drill bits
Socket wrench with 5/16" socket drive
Extension cords as needed
2 ¼” x ¼” tapcons – amount varies based on order size.
9/16" x ¾” self tapping screws – amount varies based on order size.
Our staff can walk you through any issue you may have with accordion
shutter installation. If you have problems we are here for you.
Get Prepared Today!
Call Us to Order:
or Email Us for a Free Quote in Your Area!